Balefire Marketing + Advertising is a full service, integrated design agency in Wichita, KS. We specialize in custom website design and development, SEO, and digital advertising. We are a collaborative group where everyone has an equal voice. We are looking for motivated individuals who are creative and collaborative.
The Website Design/Development Intern position is for individuals who are on the path to becoming a great web designer or web developer. The intern will have the opportunity to work with our team on a variety of client projects including website design, website development, website content management and more.
Duties & Responsibilities
Projects may include, but will not be limited to:
- Work closely with our team to assist in the design and development of website projects.
- Design, recommend and pitch improvements to new and existing features.
- Assist in troubleshooting issues on web-based systems.
- Update and edit website content, posts and pages.
- Provide technical support related to web-based systems to internal teams.
- Test and give feedback on new and existing technologies.
- Create prototypes and experiment with new technologies and features as assigned.
- Work closely with project designer and developer to gather visual assets and size appropriately.
- Passion for website design and development.
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and ideas.
- Ability to learn new concepts and apply to real-world situations.
- High level of integrity and motivation.
- Highly-motivated, passionate team player on the path to becoming a great web designer or developer.
- Some experience with WordPress, HTML, and/or CSS is required.
- Must have the ability to work independently to solve problems and learn new skills as required.
- Ability to work 10-20 hours a week in our office in downtown Wichita, KS.
Value of the Internship
The Web Design/Development internship offers practical work experience and an introduction to creating and improving websites. This internship will involve challenging opportunities, real world projects, and regular interaction with staff. It’s a fantastic opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the web design and development field with a friendly, creative, and knowledgeable agency in the Wichita area.