Balefire Marketing + Advertising is a full service, integrated design agency in Wichita, KS. We specialize in custom website design and development, SEO, and digital advertising. We focus on brand recognition, generating leads, sales, and ROI for our clients. Our quality and success comes from fully understanding our clients’ needs and providing custom solutions that achieve their goals. We are a highly collaborative group where everyone has an equal voice as long as it’s in the best interest of the client. We are looking for senior-level people who have the experience to effectively grow our clients’ businesses and the confidence to make strategic decisions on every project.
This is a full-time position in Wichita, KS. Remote workers and freelancers need not apply.
- Experience developing full scale, responsive websites – including eCommerce sites (WooCommerce, Shopify, BigCommerce, etc.)
- Comfortable proficiency in HTML, CSS, JS, & PHP
- Solid understanding of WordPress data structures and design schema (including the template hierarchy) and ability to diagnose and troubleshoot code- and css-related issues.
- Custom WordPress theme and plug-in development experience is a plus
- Custom meta field development and implementation using Advanced Custom Fields is a plus
- Can develop basic websites with cross-platform/device functionality, and add provided content within a 40 hour timeframe
- Proficient in libraries and frameworks such as jQuery, Bootstrap, etc.
- Is able to clearly communicate with the team regarding challenges, statuses, and ideas during the development process
- Working knowledge of DNS, domains, cPanel and phpMyAdmin
- Has an ever-positive, opportunity-minded personality
- Is fully self-sufficient and takes critiques, feedback and direction easily from the team, while providing their own thoughts and opinions
- Passion for new web development technologies, trends, and standards
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
- Develop in local, staging, and production environments
- Convert approved designs to functional, responsive, web/mobile templates and pages using WordPress or other CMS as deemed by the project
- Work strategically with the content and creative teams to ensure effective page optimization, usability, and brand adherence
- Migrate content and assets to new websites as needed
- Create unique page layouts with provided content
- Support existing websites with updates, maintenance and new features/functionality
- Test and troubleshoot websites implementations on multiple device types and screen sizes
- No less than 4 years experience in web development
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics as well as internal reporting tools.
- BS/BA degree preferred
- Competitive salary plus performance incentives
- Participation in company retirement plan
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Relaxed and collaborative environment
- Opportunity to advance your career with conferences, seminars, certifications, etc.