Balefire Marketing + Advertising is a full service, integrated design agency in Wichita, KS. We specialize in custom website design and development, SEO, and digital advertising. We focus on brand recognition, generating leads, sales, and ROI for our clients. Our quality and success comes from fully understanding our clients’ needs and providing custom solutions that achieve their goals. We are a highly collaborative group where everyone has an equal voice as long as it’s in the best interest of the client. We are looking for senior-level people who have the experience to effectively grow our clients’ businesses and the confidence to make strategic decisions on every project.
This is a full-time position in Wichita, KS. Remote workers and freelancers need not apply.
- Working knowledge of PHP
- Solid understanding of WordPress data structures and theme development (including the template hierarchy)
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot code- and css-related issues
- Experience developing full scale, responsive websites – including eCommerce sites (WooCommerce, Shopify, BigCommerce, etc.)
- WordPress plug-in development experience a plus
- Custom meta field development and implementation using Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) is a plus
- Develop websites with cross-platform/device functionality and add provided content
- Proficient in libraries and frameworks such as jQuery, Bootstrap, etc.
- Is able to clearly communicate with the team regarding challenges, statuses, and ideas during the development process
- Working knowledge of databases and phpMyAdmin
- DNS, domains, and cPanel knowledge a plus
- Has an ever-positive, opportunity-minded personality
- Is fully self-sufficient and takes critiques, feedback and direction easily from the team, while providing their own thoughts and opinions
- Passion for new web development technologies, trends, and standards
- Outstanding ability to think critically and identify and resolve problems
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and ideas
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Convert approved designs to functional, responsive, web/mobile templates and pages using WordPress or other CMS as deemed by the project
- Develop in local, staging, and production environments
- Work strategically with the content and creative teams to ensure effective page optimization, usability, and brand adherence
- Migrate content and assets to new websites as needed
- Develop unique page layouts with provided content
- Support existing websites with updates, maintenance and new features/functionality
- Test and troubleshoot websites implementations on multiple device types and screen sizes
- No less than 2 years experience in front-end web development
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics as well as internal reporting tools.
- BS/BA degree preferred
- Competitive salary plus performance incentives
- Participation in company retirement plan with company match program
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Individual coverage health reimbursement program
- Relaxed and collaborative environment
- Opportunity to advance your career with conferences, seminars, certifications, etc.